Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Coffee Bean and bubble tea

People change all the time. Yes, there are probably certain aspects of you that haven't changed for years but if you really think about it, you are not the exact same person as you were a few years ago.

I believe maturity comes with age. That being said, how fast someone matures varies from person to person. As in, a 30 years old person doesn't necessarily be wiser that a 20 years old, but that 30 years old dude is definitely more mature that when he was 20 himself.

Once, a friend told me that I've changed, and she didn't like it. I was surprised with that comment cause I didn't think I've changed at all. So I went to another friend and asked her. The second friend said that yes, I've changed, but she liked the new me.

So it is true then. I've changed. We usually don't realise that we've changed cause we are so used to being us. But people who are around us, who observe us, may be able to see the changes.

I watched Oprah (cause Justin was on it) the other day, and I learnt one thing. We are not supposed to want to be with our partner, hoping that one day, we will be able to change our partner, because trust me, that ain't ever going to happen.

When we choose to be with our partner/friend for the rest of our life, we are also not supposed to want to do that only because we like our partner/friend as how he/she is right now. Cause we are all going change.

When we devote ourselves in any relationship, we are to do that with the belief that we are going to grow together. Because only with that, we can accept the changes that not only our partner/friend is going to go through, but ourselves as well.

Afterall, friends are the family we choose for ourselves.

To end this entry, here's a few lines from the song, Flaws and All by Beyonce.

I don't know why you love me
And that's why I love you
You catch me when I fall
Accept me, flaws and all
And that's why I love you

2 comments:

AA (ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS!) said...

Nice one babe. Point taken on the maturity thing, I wanted to say stuff in response to your sms but I think the lift incident blew the thoughts right out of my head, haha!

Here's to being friends for life! xD

shimah said...

Haha I'm scared that's going to jinx us. So I'm just going to say, I hope we will be friends for a long LONG time :) almost the same la kan.