Saturday, April 3, 2010

Waiting For The World To Change

Once upon a (really long) time ago, I used to come online every night - chatting with friends, cracking ourselves till we see the morning light (ok, not really) and watching Youtube videos till late night.

Now, not so. I used to think I was addicted to MSN. It's like I need to chat with someone every other night, or I'll feel incomplete. Now, I feel extremely grateful if I can watch atleast one favourite tv show before I go to bed every night.

It's like I don't want to know what is going on around me. I don't read up on Justin/Vivek/Imran anymore. I don't talk to my friends as often anymore, but that's also because everybody's busy.

It's like as if I'm happy stuck in my own bubble, doing my own little thing.

Recently, I bumped into a friend in the MRT. Usually, I might have asked her how she's doing, bla bla bla...but I didn't. When I thought about it, I realised, I don't care what's going on in her life. Whether she is sick or whether she's having exams soon, whatever.
I don't care.

I guess it gets to a point where I'm just too tired (or lazy) to reach out anymore. Because sometimes it's not reciprocated, you know? So after awhile, you just stopped.

Or sometimes, you are just waiting for someone else to reach out to you instead, who knows?

2 comments:

mira said...

Eh I think John Mayer is sexy sey.

ANW. I have been feeling the exact same way for more than a year now. The people I make an effort to contact number up to only 4. But I'm happier than I ever have been, so it must be something good, yeah?

shimah said...

I think voice is sexy, appearance not so, haha.

I think it's good. This way, atleast I can focus on relationships with these few ppl.