Saturday, March 13, 2010

Puke My Guts Out

I went to watch the 55th Filmfare Awards last week and I must say I was left slightly disappointed. I think SRK and Saif were still quite funny, rude and cheap during some parts (which was the whole point of getting them to host btw), but I just think they had been better.

That's why I watched bits of the previous shows today and yes, I still laughed at the same old jokes - like when Jadoo and Preity got married, why couldn't Jadoo perform on their first night?

Good times, good times.

And those Kantaben moments, haha hilarious.

Oh, Shahid performed btw. But he was actually playing a tribute to MJ.

Hold up, wait a minute. Didn't MJ like passed away almost half a year ago or something?? And isn't Filmfare Awards supposed to be a platform to celebrate their local talent??

So why was there a need to play a tribute to MJ?? Yes Shahid, we get it, you are an awesome dancer. But do a tribute to one of the Bollywood legends or something!

Haiya, show off la tu...

But he's still as cute as ever. That's why I bought the latest edition of Filmfare magazine cause he's on it. Haha as simple as that. Thanks Farhana :)

And then, there's Cinta Ixora. I swear their marketing strategy is spectacular. They must have thought "Let's just get good-looking actors, who cares if they can act or not, because ratings will still be high anyways".

And dammit, it's bloody working! On me atleast.

I gotta admit, if it was a different cast, especially for Syarif's and Haizad's parts, I wouldn't follow this show as religiously.

And oklah, the drama is quite entertaining. But it's more like WTF entertaining, cause that's what goes through my mind most of the time. Or if not, I will be cringing and gagging cause Syarif is holding that Bloody Bat's hand. Or laughing at Haizad for trying to be creepy.

I actually hope that the drama won't end anytime soon. But since Suria is showing it twice a week, I doubt so now.

Lastly, Happy 22nd Wedding Anniversary to my parents. Here's to an everlasting marriage and a happy family. Cheers :)

2 comments:

mira said...

ehh didn't your parents JUST have their anniversary like a few months back?? the one where you wanted to get something from mustafa and it was the last one and dusty?

shimah said...

No Mira, that was a year ago. And can you please go hush hush abit on the last and dusty part?? Haha.