Friday, June 26, 2009

He will always stay as a legend

Since everybody else is giving tribute to the late Michael Jackson, so here goes.

I was never a fan of his. That being said, he was a phenomenal artiste. He had won lots and LOTS of awards, had so many Number 1 hits and most of all, he was a big influence to the stars of the current generation.

Before there was Justin Timberlake, Usher (where is he now anyways?) or even Chris Brown, there was Michael Jackson singing falsettos and moving that smooth groove, complete with his signature crotch-grabbing antics.

Yes, as an individual, he had issues with himself. But then, who doesn't? It's just that he was in the public eye, and everybody wants to know everything about MJ. And sadly enough, people only get more concerned when something bad is written about him.

Whatever it is, I would say that after John Lennon and Elvis Presley, MJ would probably be the best that we ever had. He will always stay as a legend.

And I never knew that MJ converted to Islam last year! When my sister came home today and told me that her ngaji teacher told her that, I was like pfft, what does a ngaji teacher knows about MJ right! But omg, after reading about him on the internet (links after links, I tell you), it is true that he converted last year and his Muslim name is Mikaeel. Wow.

Farrah Fawcett passed away yesterday as well. I find it such a pity that lesser attention is given to her because alot more people are mourning the death of MJ. Really really a pity.

I never knew who Farrah was till recently. She was all over Entertainment Tonight because of her battle against cancer and my parents had to add on that she was one of the original version of Charlie's Angels (I never knew there was an earlier version).

So frankly speaking, I wasn't surprised when I heard about her demise. But yeah, I guess that's also why people are more concerned about MJ's death because none of us saw that coming. People were actually waiting for MJ's anticipated concert which was supposed to be in next month man!

Come to think of it, I think I still haven't fully digested the fact that MJ has passed away (yup, me and my lag time). But yes, I am sad, because afterall we have lost someone great, a king - King of Pop.

~

It has been a year. She would have celebrated her 1 year anniversary if there was anything to be celebrated about.

But no, all she will do is crack her brains and crack her brains. There's nothing much she can do about this issue anyways. Which makes everything so fucked up. Yes, FUCKED UP.

Although she must be disappointed with how things have turned up, she still strongly believes in God (how ironic, she just swore!) and knows that even though one door has closed (slammed in her face, to be exact), another door will open itself.

Yes, that door may not offer anything fantastic, but let's be positive here, atleast it's providing some sort of solution.

Dammit, she's so not looking forward to this year Hari Raya.

No comments: