Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sit on the roof and count the stars

Sorry Mira, it's time for my indulgence in Bollywood again. You should start getting influenced, you know. It will make our lives easier :)

So anyways!


I've lost count on the number of times that I've watched this movie. But I seriously doubt that I've watched it more times than I've watched other classics such as Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham.

I think this movie is slowly inching to be one of my favourite Hindi movies of all times. The dialogues are fabulous, the actors are awesome and the storyline is still considered typical romantic for Hindi movies, though with a modern twist to it.


I seriously think that the director of the movie, Imtiaz Ali, was somewhat influenced by the whole "Raj-holding-his-hand-out-to-Simran-so-that-she-can-catch-the-train" thing in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (omg these Hindi movie titles are so fucking long!).

I mean seriously, the photo above is such a give-away la!
But I like this scene better in DDLJ. Duh, nothing can beat a Shah Rukh-Kajol pairing. Like nothing, ever!


Can you believe how sweetly they posed for this photo even after breaking up? Yup, these 2 used to be lovers for like 4 years, and somewhere during the course of making the movie, they broke up. And they still continued filming for the movie. Professional man!

I think unmarried couples should never make a movie together. The movie's either going to be a big flop (remember Kyun...!Ho Gaya Na?) or the couple is going to break up afterwards (remember Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam?) Maybe it's just a jinx in Bollywood, who knows.

How can I end this post without mentioning how cute Shahid Kapoor is right? So, yes Shahid is cute in this movie. Atleast you have to agree on that Mira. But I am actually more impressed with his acting skills in this movie. Makes me believe he's not just a pretty boy/awesome dancer only, you know.

~

Do all the Michael Jackson tributes just have to be on Prison Break slots?! Are you fucking kidding me?!

People are still paying tributes to Michael Jackson. Hasn't it been 2 weeks already?

Ah, but then again I'm actually one of those people who are only starting to pay attention to his music now. I even stayed up in the wee hours to watch the memorial ceremony yesterday (thank God, I wasn't working the following day).

Soon, this whole hype will die and then everybody else will move on with their lives. People will continue to buy all sorts of nonsense magazines and believe all the rumours. Paparazzi will constantly follow the celebrities and flash their personal lives. And then, one day maybe, all these will drive another celebrity crazy and he/she will die.

And the whole routine will continue itself.

Ah, drama. All I need to keep myself going.

Oh my father just mentioned that he wants to buy the Off The Wall album. And I willingly (not to mention, rarely as well) offered my service. I think I will get it from The Cd Shop one of these days at Raffles City. Afterall I am entitled to 10% discount :)

~

Ohmybloodycuckoonathan! Kevin Jonas is engaged?! WHAT!

.......................*Shimah is currently speechless*

~

She thinks she is just pms-ing. She has to be. Because if it's not pms, she thinks she is slowly on her way to self-destruction. Yikes, not good not good!

She used to be Dr Love. Providing answers to other people's questions used to be real easy. But when it comes to one self's life (though we aren't exactly talking about love life here) it can get real tough. That's why she needs a Doctor herself.

And she thinks talking in third person can be considered somewhat denial, but she likes talking like this now, haha.

3 comments:

mira said...

ACK. Another Bollywood entry! Eh I found DTPH and KKHH cds in my room, you want? And there's Sangam, whatever that is.

AND YA LAH YESTERDAY I WAITED FOR PRISON BREAK SEKALI MJ LAGI. RAH!

shimah said...

I want DTPH. You are supposed to bring that along the next time we meet rmb? I need to return your HDDCS (I hope you know what that stands for). Dah lama it's with me sey!

mira said...

Even if I didn't know what that stands for, I only ever lent you one cd what! Hahaha. Okok next time we meet you must remind me please or it will never happen :)