Saturday, March 7, 2009

The earth would be shattered, the sky would be calmed

Pardon me, but I'm still very much in my Bollywood phase at the moment.

So speaking of Bollywood, Midah, Kak Shida and I went to watch Luck By Chance yesterday. One thing that I learnt from the movie is that if you want to make it big in the film industry there, then you have to be either:

1) a star son (eg: Abhishek Bachchan, Ranbir Kapoor)
2) related to someone in the industry (eg: Imran Khan) or,
3) previously from modelling (eg: John Abraham, Arjun Rampal)

If you don't belong in either of these categories, then I'm sorry but you just won't make it! The last time an outsider managed to break into the industry and be a mega superstar, is none other than Mr Shah Rukh Khan himself - and that too, 16 donkey years ago.

And frankly speaking, I quite doubt the fact that something as such will happen again in the near future. Afterall, they have so many star sons around. Why would any producer spent so much money on a nobody?

Moving on, check this link out:
http://www.imran-khan.org/article.php/2009/03/06/a-hillarious-sneak-peek-at-the-54th-filmfare-2008.html

I think it's pretty funny. I've personally watched it alot of times because of 2 reasons - it's funny and I like the hosts :) Gosh I can't wait for the whole thing to come out on tv.

No comments: