Friday, August 14, 2009

Ba-boom, Ba-boom


First of all, does the second photo looks like a family portrait gone wrong to you? It does right!

Ok so finally, after so very long, Midah and I managed to watch a Bollywood movie at the cinema. This one is titled Luck.

Sidetrack: What's up with the english titles like Luck, Kidnap and Black? Bollywood should stop naming their movie titles in English. Hindi is just fine what!

Moving on. I think I'm expected to give awesome reviews for this movie but I don't think I can. Don't get me wrong, the movie didn't suck. Of course it didn't, how can it possible suck when Imran Khan is in it right?

As usual, Imran Khan gave a good performance. That aside, he probably also has the most intense eyes and the most kissable lips that I've ever seen. He's so hot, he's almost sinful to lust for!

I like the rest of the cast. Sanjay Dutt is as cool and somewhat sexy in his way as usual. It's nice to see the old people like Mithun Chakraborty and Danny Denzongpa again because they are always top notch in their performance.

And that weirdo psychopath guy "Raghav" who reminded me alot of Ritesh Deshmukh, is good being cuckoo. But Midah and I kept laughing whenever he did his evil laugh. That guy's mental man! My most favourite character is probably "Shortcut" because she's so small yet she has this mega huge personality in her.

Sidetrack: Midah, omg, "Shortcut" is not 15 or 16 like what she claimed in the movie. She's actually 19! And and AND, she has been in Chak De! India and Fashion. Didn't you see her in Fashion? She's "Somu" apparently.

Anyways, so yeah, the movie started out well, I liked the characters, the storyline is great, until the supposedly heroine came. Her name is SHRUTI Haasan. First mistake already. Seriously, Shruti?? That name always and forever will remind me of that Chandrasekhar's kid whom I had to sit beside, for a period of time in Secondary 1.

Fine, ok I think I can pardon her for her first name. Afterall, she didn't get to pick her name right, so technically it's not her fault. But she cannot bloody act! What kind of actress are you if you can't act! I just cannot take that alright.

Not only can't the heroine act, some of the action scenes are just plain ridiculous. I know some people will say, "Hey it's a Bollywood movie, of course it's going to be ridiculous. It's the only time that a hero can fight 10 guys and still come out victorious".

But these scenes are beyond ridiculous really. You have to watch it to understand me.

And I can't remember the last time I cringed so much when watching romantic scenes in a hindi movie. Wait, I can actually remember. It was U, Me aur Hum. Ajay Devgan as a romantic hero? I'll puke my guts out first before I watch that again.

Anyways, so romance is like another word for Bollywood right, but this movie? Totally cannot make it alright. Cringe like I couldn't cringe anymore when I saw Imran and Shruthi together on screen. And those cheesy lines? Omg just kill me please.

Well, all these still didn't make the movie bad. I liked the movie cause (a) I'm a Imran Khan fan, (b) I'm watching it with Midah and we managed to laugh through those ridiculous scenes, and (c) like what I told her, we are just easily impressed. We could have watched (almost) anything and we would still come out of the theatre happy.

I realised that now is the period where all the good hindi movies are coming out. So next up, Love Aaj Kal :)

2 comments:

RanPer said...

OMG!!! she definitely looks like someone who cld have been in chakde!! and somu???? omg omg i dun rmb!!!! crap! how can i not when i think she's so pretty!! ugh irritating muchh and wow she's our age!!! cool... but still she's tiny!!! haha

raghav does NOT look like ritesh!!!!! tts sooo mean... omg!! do u noe ritesh might be dating genelia!!!

lets not forget kaminey! and dil bole hadippa!! haha ohoh! rani worked out a lot to get into shape for tt... her personal trainer was the guy who helped aamir for ghajni...

shimah said...

Omg Ritesh and Genelia? I find that quite odd actually.

And if Rani really worked out with the same personal trainer then I think she's going to look really good in that movie. I won't say hot, but probably better than usual.

Can't wait for Love Aaj Kal on thursday!