Tuesday, February 10, 2009

And we can pop bottles all night

I just helped with my sister's art homework. Gosh I missed those days where art is all about doing...or doodling whatever you want. Afterall, art is about expressing oneself.

~

I went to Geylang yesterday and there was no dendeng! And I was really disappointed about that. It was supposed to be Geylang = Dendeng. But not anymore I guess. Oh wells, hopefully can get dendeng at Arab Street on Saturday :)

~

I liked watching the Grammys. It's like watching a concert actually. And this year was pretty good because there were quite a few brilliant collaborations. We all know the Justin-T.I. pair was going to be awesome, so no surprises there. I like the Miley-Taylor, Jay-Z-T.I.-Lil Wayne-Kanye West, Justin-Al Green, Stevie-Jonas Brothers...and I'm sure a few more.

But the best part was to know that Chris Brown and Rihanna couldn't make it to Grammys because there are reports that Chris apparently assaulted the girlfriend.

BREAK UP BREAK UP!

They were supposed to perform together but opted out, so that slot was later given to Justin and Al Green, which was nice.

BREAK UP BREAK UP!

I'm sorry, but even after all these allegations made against Chris, I'm still pro-Chris. I'm sure there was a perfectly good reason why he attacked her or whatsoever.

BREAK UP BREAK UP!
Ok, I should stop that, I'm sure I've made my point clear.

~

On Sunday, Midah drove us to religious class. It was wicked awesome! Apparently it was her first time driving without the presence of her parents by her side. I'll say she did a pretty decent job with it. Driving actually looks easy...but well it was auto. I'm sure driving test isn't going to be that easy. What I see as a problem to me is probably trying to park. It does look pretty hard :( But hell, we'll work on that.

Next week, she'll probably be driving again, and she'll bring me to the cd rental shop. I can foresee myself spending so much money on rented cds, but there are simply so many movies to watch, what to do.

~

Another awards show that I watched was Star Screen Awards. Not nice coz all the big Bollywood stars were missing in action. There was no SRK, Salman, Amitabh, Abhishek, Rani, Preity, Kareena, Saif, the sorts.

And the hosts, well, nobody can compare to the SRK-Saif pairing.

And Ashutosh Gowariker had to get all drama with Sajid Khan (one of the hosts), because he thought that Sajid was being very rude with the stars. Hello dude, if you have watched the show before, you should know that Star Screen is very "relek one corner" kinda awards show and the hosts will definitely make fun of the stars, but are all in good spirit.

Oh wells, it added to the entertainment factor anyways!

~

Over the weekend, I watched Baabul starring Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Rani Mukherji, Hema Malini, John Abraham. Sad, sad, sad movie. Especially the part where Avinash (Salman Khan) died. There was no subtitles but it was still sad. You can actually imagine yourself in their positions. To lose that special someone. Ouch.

I cried. That says something.

Nice casting, I love Salman when he's all romantic. One major flaw was John's hairstyle. Sucky. It was the old floppy, supposedly hot hairdo. So not!

~

Random...
1) T.I.'s real name is Clifford Joseph Harris Jr....Who would have thought? He's only 28 and has 5 kids. Seriously, who would have thought...

2) I'm getting addicted to Taylor Swift's "Love Story". Nice song, but I need to get over this phase soon.

3) Sometimes I wonder why Joe Jonas is needed in the group. Even Nick sings more and he is playing the guitar! Joe just play a stupid tamborine...or nothing most of the time.

4) I wanna watch so many movies, but jaan keeps rejecting, haha no pressure!

No comments: