Sunday, November 22, 2009

You sweet thing

I don't bake. I don't know why, I just don't. Maybe because I'm a girl and I'm expected to know how to, or maybe simply because I just don't bother.


I sorta have baked stuff before at work. I called it "sorta" because we don't need to make the brownies and cookies from scratch. We just take out the ready-made batter and put it in the oven. As simple as that, ANYONE can bake brownies and cookies at B&J.


But today, Zimah and I baked cupcakes. And yes, from scratch. I even went to Giant to buy the ingredients that my mum didn't have in her kitchen.


To be fair, for all that I did today, I must credit Zimah because she was the one who initiated the whole idea. And she almost literally dragged me to Giant to get the ingredients. And to the mother too, of course. She supported us throughout the whole thing, though I think she was actually there to make sure that us girls didn't mess up her kitchen, yeah that's more likely.


But oh wells! I'm pretty proud of Zimah and I nonetheless. Zimah suggested that we bake donuts next week. Zimah's done with school for the year, so that explains her enthusiasm. I'm just hoping that I can keep up with her man!


Till then, cupcakes anyone?


Oh, photos of the cupcakes that we made are below. They don't look very pretty like those in the cupcake shops, but they were atleast edible and yummy. And for now, I'm happy with just that.





4 comments:

Farhana said...

I think they're pretty enough. I'd buy your cupcake over any of those sold in the heartland bakeries! ;)

shimah said...

No kidding! You know, Zimah intends to start a business after my mum showed her this newspaper clipping about 2 sisters starting a cupcake business. Zimah thinks that's a sign. I'm just like, right...

Farhana said...

I must say, I admire your sister's entrepreneurial spirit. Mana lah tau... She could make a good profit out of this! :)

shimah said...

Yeah, she's quite enthu about this kinda stuff. She had this bookmark business in school too.

I never thought selling laminated bookmarks to primary school kids could make lotsa money.